3 TB virgin olive oil
1 leek, white part only, rinsed and thinly sliced
½ small onion, small diced
1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
1 LB zucchini, diced
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1 tsp sea salt
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup frozen peas
handful of chives for garnish, minced (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a medium stockpot. Add leeks, onions and sauté until they start to soften. Add garlic and zucchini and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
2. Add fresh thyme and sea salt.
3. Add stock and bring soup to a boil; turn down to simmer and cook just until zucchini is almost tender about 15 minutes.
4. Add peas and cook for 5 minutes just until done and still bright green.
5. Puree soup in blender or with immersion blender until smooth. Taste and season as necessary. If using, garnish each bowl with fresh minced chives.